Chop to your chin for children’s cancer charity!
This month, we’re calling out to all our long-locked customers to consider going for the chop for a children’s charity.
If you’ve been thinking about braving the scissors and transforming your Rapunzel tresses to a stylish bob or classic crop, then now is the ideal time to do it!
For September and October, we’ve teamed up with the Little Princess Trust and GHD Hair to take part in a nationwide campaign encouraging clients to proudly ‘Chop to Your Chin’ for charity.
The Little Princess Trust provides free real-hair wigs for youngsters who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment or other illness. The trust started in 2006 in memory of five-year-old Hannah Tarplee, who sadly lost her battle with cancer.
It’s an unbearable time for these children and their families, but a small thing like a beautiful wig can raise their self-esteem and make them feel more ‘normal’ again.
Anyone who has seven inches or more of hair to spare can help, especially those with hair that is over 12 inches which will allow for the creation of longer wigs.
Each wig requires 10 donations of hair, so you can understand that the charity needs as many donations as possible.
As well as being delighted to help such a worthwhile charity, our stylists are excited to be able to create many more exciting new looks for clients.
So what better incentive to embrace a new look, whether that be a bob, a pixie cut, or a cute crop and at half the normal price!
It’s simple to do, just follow these six easy steps.
- Check hair length, you must have a minimum of 7 inches of hair to spare. It doesn’t matter whether you’re curly, straight, dyed or natural. The only exceptions are very grey hair and some types of Afro hair.
- Head to Salon Ten to discuss your new look for autumn/winter. Our expert stylists can’t wait to help you find your perfect style.
- When you’re happy with the decision to go shorter, the stylist will split your hair into four sections and plait them, securing the top and bottom of each plait with a hair band.
- Your stylist will cut your hair above the top hair band. No need to panic, it’s going to look gorgeous!
- Your stylist will create your fabulous new look.
- Receive your Chop to Your Chin certificate and upload a selfie on to Instagram @ghdhair #choptoyourchin. Help spread the word and encourage others to go for the chop too!
You’ll leave the salon with a luscious, shorter style that’s sure to turn heads, whilst knowing that you’ll be helping poorly children to achieve there own royal locks!