Make time for a massage!
‘I’m just too busy; I can’t spare the time for a massage.’
It’s something we hear a lot, both in and outside of the salon. Many people are under the misapprehension that an hour of pampering is an hour that’s somehow ‘wasted’, an extra 60 minutes that could be spent staring at a computer screen or checking emails. Yet it’s often the busiest people who could benefit most from a massage.
Taking one hour – or even just half an hour if that’s really all you can manage – out of your schedule, could have far-reaching benefits for your mind and body. This, in turn, could make you happier, more relaxed and more productive over the rest of the week.
Achieving relaxation through massage helps your heart rate to slow down, lowers blood pressure, decreases anxiety and stress levels and relaxes tense muscles, thus reducing aches and pains. It can lead to a better night’s sleep and improve your mood.
It’s a healing and restorative experience that’s well worth taking time to enjoy!
There are several different types of massage, with inspiration from different corners of the globe; most focus on relaxation and stress-relief. If you find the choice of massage options overwhelming, our therapists can suggest which would be best suited to you.
At Salon Ten we offer a full body massage tailor-made for you and based around Swedish massage principles. There’s also a Japanese-inspired Hanakasumi massage which combines massage and reflexology to revive energy flow and circulation (with the added bonus of the delicate fragrance of cherry blossom). Or try a Hot Stone massage to melt away aches and pains, or sample the revolutionary Lava Shell massage which uses naturally self-warming tiger clam shells.
Most massages take around an hour but there are shorter options if time is of the essence. For more information please click here.
To make the very most of your massage, we’ve offered five top tips to maximise the benefits of that one hour of you-time:
- Turn up on time or a few minutes early. Dashing into the salon in a frenzy will heighten stress levels meaning it will take longer for you to fully relax.
- Make the most of the health and healing benefits of massage by drinking lots of water before and after to flush out those toxins.
- Discuss problem areas and what you want to achieve from your massage with your therapist beforehand. She can then suggest the best treatment for you and target any specific issues.
- Don’t feel you need to chat during the massage (unless it’s something that makes you feel more comfortable). Some clients feel it is only polite to talk but this time is for you; you can truly switch off.
- Make a massage a routine part of your lifestyle. Like a haircut or dentist appointment, learn to make relaxation a priority in your calendar.
At Salon Ten we offer a loyalty card where you receive a free massage. So not only will your body and mind thank you, your purse will too!