Our eco-friendly ethos
Salon Ten has a strong belief in sustainability and to be as eco-friendly as possible in all aspects of the business.
Going ‘green’ and being eco-friendly is not what you might expect of a hair and beauty salon, but here at Salon Ten we are doing everything we can to ensure that we source quality products with ethical credentials across our whole range of hair and beauty services.
- We save water by using 50% air and 50% water for our backwashes.
- We use low energy LED lighting.
- We use disposable and recyclable towels.
- We promote products that can be used and sold in reusable or easily recyclable packaging or refillable bottles.
- All of our electricity is from 100% renewable energy.
- We also recycle our hair extensions to the Little Princess Trust.
- The vast majority of our cardboard, glass and metal waste is re-used or recycled.
- We are constantly looking for new initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint and benefit our customers and the environment.
DAVINES ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS
To help carry through our eco-friendly ethos, we are the only salon in Shropshire to use and sell Davines products. Davines is a unique company in the industry that cares about the environment, investing back into sustainable projects throughout the world. They also use 40% less plastic than any other beauty brand.
Read more about their fascinating story here.
- Hair colour that is ammonia free
- Only cruelty free, vegan products
- Products free from harmful parabens
- Products free from sulphates
- Free from PPD’s
- Completely carbon neutral
- Refillable bottles in salon that give you 20% discount and help the environment